Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Culinary Feast and More

Free Digital Photos

Are you looking for an ideal gift for Mother's Day? A bridal shower? Seriously, look no further than Tawra Kellam's and Jill Cooper's excellent cookbook, Dining on a Dime Cookbook. The founders of the popular website Living on a Dime have delivered a fresh, exciting edition of their classic and award-winning cookbook. (Yes, in fact, cookbooks can be exciting! This one definitely is - I promise.) With the premise of eating better for less, this book packs over 1200 recipes! That's a ton. Honestly, this is the best cookbook I've seen in sometime. I've actually had fun pouring over its pages. No doubt it will be my "go-to gift" from now on which means no more headaches trying to decide what to get for the bride-to-be, friend's birthday, or as a "thank you" gift.


Besides excellent and money-saving recipes, Dining on a Dime Cookbook offers: timely tips (including an entire chapter on substitutions and equivalents); ideas for mixes, gift baskets, & jars; beauty aids from scratch; and homemade cleaning products. I love that there's even sections which include: how to save on herbs, an herb guide, a pantry shopping list, a freezer guide, lunch ideas, snack ideas, and leftovers.


Additionally, here's some intriguing questions answered in Dining on a Dime Cookbook...

  • Did you know that dirty dishes cause debt? (Find out how on page 394)
  • Want to save $10,000 a year at the grocery store? (Tawra's tips are on page 4)
  • Want to clean your bathroom in a flash? (Page 398 will give you a 7-step plan)
  • Need to cut down on meat? (There are pages of eating better and spending less)
  • Make three meals from one chicken? (The answer is on page 176)
I really hope I've whet your "appetite!" (Yes, pun intended.) If so, let me conclude my review by listing all the recipe chapters: Beverages; breakfast; breads; soups and sandwiches; vegetables, beans, pasta, & rice; salads, dressings, pickles, & dips; meats and main dishes; cakes, pies, candy, cookies, and desserts; and miscellaneous recipes. Truly a complete cookbook for beginner or experienced cook alike. So far, since we're a bunch of sugar addicts, my family's favorite recipe has been the amazing Chocolate Pie on page 250. (I even made a homemade crust to cut costs even more.) Anyway, let me tell you - it was absolutely to die for!

I am not receiving any royalties or payment for my review, but wanted to include this here to let you know how much I highly recommend the Dining on a Dime Cookbook. It already has over 200,000 happy and satisfied readers. Click on the link above and it will take you directly to the page  for this wonderful resource, including buying information. You'll also be able to read other people's reviews and comments. (So you don't have to just take my word for it!) And while you're there, if you haven't explored the Living on a Dime website before, I encourage you to spend some time doing that as well. I'm sure you'll find loads of interesting and useful stuff! 

If you have any questions, as always, feel free to contact me at titus2homemaker@gmail.com. 


I'm hoping and praying that you spend time this week just meditating on God's awesome gift of salvation through our risen Lord! Have a blessed Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment