Tuesday, February 8, 2011

She Smiles at the Future






"Strength and dignity are her clothing,
         And she smiles at the future."

Proverbs 31: 25




Everyday I pray that the Lord would clothe me with strength and dignity, and help me to smile at the future. Sometimes I give very little thought to what the phrase, "She smiles at the future" really means. This morning, however, it struck me as I was praying it. I decided that I truly did have a reason to smile. I realized that despite the difficult and trying circumstances Aaron and I are in because of a certain family member, the Lord gives me many things to smile about. It does not matter that the future of this situation is uncertain and I don't know how it will turn out, the Lord is still the same and nothing can separate me from His love. (Romans 8:38)

Anyway, as this revelation came over me while praying Proverbs 31:25, I cried out, "Lord, I can smile at the future because of Your grace and Your love, because You have cast my sins as far as the east is from the west; just because of who You are. You are my Father and I am Your child. You are all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-wise. Jesus, You are the Creator of Heaven and Earth, yet my Savior and Friend. I can smile, Lord, because I know that Your tender mercies are renewed day by day..." I prayed like this for some time. By the time I was done I was feeling about ten pounds lighter and ready to tackle my day.

Friend, can I encourage you today to consider that you, too, can smile at the future? Pray to God as I did; but do so by first going to God's Word and looking up all you can about who He is. Then, as you pray, list His attributes and recite His promises. Write them down. Once I challenged myself to write down ten things about God each day for two weeks and it was such a blessing! I'm sure it would be to you as well.

Please forgive me for being late in posting the next "D" in my Obstacles to Healing series. We really are going through a hard time right now and I would covet your prayers. I do hope to post yet this week though. Until next time then, may God's presence be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment