Friday, August 6, 2010

Best Stove Cleaning Tip Ever

"She looks well to the ways of her
household..." Proverbs 31:27

Well, a little complete digression here! But you know, I guess I'm in good company because the apostle Paul is famous for digressions in his epistles. Not that my blog is on the same level, or stove cleaning is of any eternal significance, but hey! Anyway, I just had to share this tip for cleaning the burner grates on your stove because it's easy and it WORKS!

A friend shared this with me a while ago - like probably a couple years ago! - and so I finally tried it. All I can say is that my burner grates literally look like new. Wow! So what you do is take your grates outside and place them in a large trash bag (mine was of the black variety). Next, pour one cup of household ammonia in the bag, and then tie the bag up with a twist tie. Allow them to sit overnight. The next morning take the grates out and wipe them down with a damp sponge, or better yet, a Dobie pad, and you'll be as amazed as I was. Wiping the residue off took very little effort and I'm still smiling at how they look. Hope this helps you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment